30 décembre 2011

Trio… In Heavy Rotation


Thought I’d share the 3 albums that are in heavy rotation on the iPod at the moment….

1) Bonobo – Black Sands

This album is absolutely amazing. Probably one of the best chillout albums I’ve listened to in a long time. I have the rest of Bonobo’s stuff, but Black Sands is by far my favorite due to the sheer intricate layers he has in each song. Plus I love the meld of soul and Eastern influences – some of the songs are like Gaelle meets Natacha Atlas (two other artists you should check out!)
Tracks to check out: Kiara, Black Sands, & 1009

2) Bionic – Christina Aguilera

I haven’t really liked a Christina album since her debut album way back in 1999…but I always did enjoy her singles and patiently waited until she released another album in which I liked more than 2 of the tracks. Bionic is totally that album. I’m loving how it has this completely different sound – it’s got a great mix of electronica and dance pop, plus her amazing vocals on top of it all. Of course with production by some of my favorite producers/artists (Sia, Ladytron, M.I.A.), it’s no wonder that this album is totally about to be my summer soundtrack.
Tracks to check out: Woohoo, Glam, I Am, Sex For Breakfast, & Birds of Prey

3) Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix – Phoenix

I like this album so much that I actually bought the vinyl – mainly for the album cover, but nontheless, I am so loving this French band’s stuff. If you went through my iTunes, you would see that I have an affinity for synth pop and Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix so delivers..this album is filled with crazy melodies…I cannot wait to drive to the beach blasting this album out the speakers!
Tracks to check out: 1901, Lasso, Love Like a Sunset Part I

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire